Are you receiving unwanted calls? The calls could be prank calls or even blatant harassment. You have the phone number but need to find out who the phone number belongs to.
Luckily, there are a few quick and easy strategies to find out who a phone number belongs to.
1. Google Search- One of the Who Called Me from This Phone Number? first things you can do is to type the phone number into an online search engine like Google, Yahoo, or MSN. These searches are very useful in identifying businesses and telemarketers who use mass phone systems. Many other people online report receiving the same phone calls. I’ve received phone calls in the past that I’ve discovered were telemarketers by searching google. If you are getting phone calls from telemarketers then one call is often enough to stop future phone calls. They do not receive many return calls.
2. Free Phone Directory- This is basically the online version of your White Pages Book. Whitpages, Anywho, and 411 all have sites that will help you in finding landline and listed home phones.
3. Paid Cell Phone Directories- if you are certain the phone number, a good option in tracking a cell phone user is to use these membership sites. For a fee you are granted access to a cell phone directory that contains millions of numbers. The problem is most of these services are incomplete and poorly updated. This means that you have to subscribe to more than one site to trace phone numbers.
4. Reverse Phone Number Lookup- This is your best option. You can find both landline and cell phone users. You simply type in the phone number and a report comes back showing who a phone number belongs to, their address, and other information. If you want to take it a step further, you can run a background check on these people. It’s amazing the information that you can dig up.
5. If all that fails, you can still call up the number yourself or have someone else call up the phone number. Make sure that you hide your identity. Remember, the purpose of the phone call is to flesh out the person behind the phone call so make it as inconspicuous as possible.
The quickest and easiest option by far is to use a reverse phone search. You should try the first 2 options if you are completely clueless of the identity. If you have a feeling you know who it is and want to confirm the identity then use the reverse phone number lookup